As an Assistant Buyer at ZALORA, you are not only the Buyer's main support operationally, but it is expected that you must assist in the management of the Buyer's Admin function (depending on your...
As an Assistant Buyer at ZALORA, you are not only the Buyer's main support operationally, but it is expected that you must assist in the management of the Buyer's Admin function (depending on your team's structure) and provide them with operational support to ensure the smooth and successful running of the department.
What is essential to succeed and progress at this level are the behavioral and operational elements of the role evidenced by continuous development of oneself i.e. people skills, job skills, a sound understanding of our customer and competition, etc.
- Providing clerical and administrative support to the buying team in an effective and timely manner
- Supporting Buyers and assist in the data entry of orders placement and keeping track of cancellations, inbound vs spent etc.
- Coordinate and follow up with support departments (Operations, Logistics, Production teams)
- Ensuring discrepancies are cleared and payments are made
- Owner of data quality e.g. cost prices calculated correctly
- Handling ad hoc projects independently as required
- Assist in problem solving and process issues
- Diploma/ Degree in Business Studies
- Strong understanding of MS Excel (pivot tables, functions, etc.) preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to take on responsibility and work autonomously
- Exceptional time management skills
- Problem solving skills with proactive and positive working attitude
- Good command in English, both written and spoken