Environmental, Health and Safety Intern 2020
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
The intern will work under general guidance from the Supervisor for the maintenance and implementation of the Environmental, Health and Safety Management System of Xilinx Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (XAP). XAP is a ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified company.
Below are intern’s key duties and responsibilities:
- EHS data entry, document control, filing and administrative works
- Edit EHS training materials, circulate EHS training notification, conduct physical training, follow up on training completion, notify training results and update training master list
- Work on contractor risk management
- First aid and PPE maintenance and distribution
- Follow up and/or work on EHS Program(s) and monitoring
- Be part of the EHS inspection and incident investigation team member
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in an accredited local college or university, study in EHS relevant discipline
- Preferably can work for internship at least 6 months long
- Good communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and/or experience with computers/software specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivation and ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude and good research capabilities
We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything.