Summer Intern - Data Center
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Data Center Engineering & Operations Intern core responsibilities include working closely with operations and engineering subject matter experts on planning, installing, relocating and decommissioning of Mainframe hardware, Open Systems hardware, Storage Arrays and cabling infrastructure within the Visa Data Centers.
- Work with the hardware engineering and project management teams to assist with hardware installs, re-configurations and de-installations of Mainframe hardware, Open Systems hardware, Storage Arrays and other peripherals in critical 24/7 Data Center environments.
- Manage vendors providing hardware support of Mainframe, Open Systems and SAN storage hardware.
- Assist in managing vendors providing Cabling installation services.
- Utilize problem and change management ticketing systems to insure all changes and problems are accurately tracked and resolved.
- Assist in utilizing configuration documentation to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Provide updates of the physical layout of equipment and cabling infrastructure utilizing Data Center Information management tools (DCIM).
- Perform moves, adds, deletes and changes of hardware and cabling infrastructure in the Data Center environments.
- Provide 24/7 hour support for problem diagnosis of Mainframe, Open Systems and SAN Storage Hardware and Cabling Infrastructure.
- Degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ Engineering, or related discipline.
- Familiar with data center environment and physical structured cabling infrastructure
- Practical knowledge of basic computer systems.
- Competent personal computer skills.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, Putty
- The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk or work on the data center floor, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard data center equipment, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 50 pounds.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace.