Duration of work
Required Level of Study
Areas of Work
Accountancy and Financial Management
Banking and Financial Services
Energy, Oil and Gas, Utilities
E Engineering, Maths, IT & Computer Sciences
Maths, statistics & related
Petroleum engineering & related
F Finance, Accounting, Economics & Business Administration
Accounting, commerce & finance
Business & management
Economics & related
This role supports the Treasury Team in monitoring the organization’s cash positions.
The jobholder shall review business activity reports and financial position forecasts as well as supports in liaising with financial institutions.
The jobholder will work closely with trade finance and internal stakeholders in anticipating funding needs.
- Manages treasury transactions processing, including loans, FX and settlement
- Perform cash positioning for cash visibility and cash flow forecasting for liquidity management
- Assists in the preparation of treasury reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures operational activities are in compliance with the Company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Support implementation and maintenance of treasury management system (TMS)
- Escalates any operational risk concerns to the Team Head
- Participate in process improvement projects (for e.g., automation) and system testing
- Carry out organisation's cash management strategies.
- Carry out plans to reduce financial risks.
- Liaison with counterparts and stakeholders to ensure security and timely receipt of funds and payments
- Manage the settlement of any financial instruments including time deposits, foreign exchange, letter of credits and bank guarantees.
- Review and manage organisation's bank accounts and trade lines.
- Manages company’s treasury annual objectives
- Optimisation of cashflow and manages risks relating to treasury functions (i.e. payments, FX etc)
- Support the preparation of treasury reports on the financial health of organisation.
- Support other treasury activities and ad-hoc projects as treasury function expands.
- Meticulous and Analytical; attention to detail is a must; careful with numbers and payment
- Shows initiative, takes ownership of own work
- Good team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team
- Fluency in spoken & written Chinese;
- Good communication skills in both verbal and writing
- Good command of Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Possession of the following experience(s) is not essential but will have an advantage:
- Treasury settlement experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry; familiar with basics on remittance
- Knowledge in FX products and FX derivatives
- Experience working closely with internal parties like operations, middle office, traders and external parties like auditors and various government authorities.
- Accountancy background
- Good knowledge of SAP accounting software
- Good knowledge of GST, VAT and applicable taxes
- Good knowledge of accounting standards (i.e. IFRS 16, IFRS9 etc) and accounting and financial statements
- Able to utilize independent judgement in establishing the accuracy and reasonableness of financial information