Intern, Digital & Performance Marketing - Summer Internship
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
Internship role will gain exposure in the planning and execution of digital & performance marketing and communication strategies and activities, collaborating across various functions such as Lifecycle, Data & Analytics as well as wider Brand Marketing team. The role will also help understanding core responsibilities around media strategy, media planning and media buying for Disney streaming services, delivering best in class media plans to support local brand and acquisition marketing campaigns.
This role will help in exposure to driving awareness of Disney+ brand and subscriber acquisition efforts for Disney’s streaming service, ensuring subscriber targets are delivered.
This role will give exposure to:
- End-to-end Performance Marketing – overall acquiring and growing subscribers; managing performance focused acquisition campaigns on digital media, affiliate marketing - from ideation to media planning to optimization and performance analysis / insightful outcomes & actions
- Identify source of growth, profitability and efficiencies in current or new areas through strategic thinking, data & analytics
- To learn new tools and technology around creative automation and data dashboards
- Drive marketing programs which are highly targeted basis content affinity of relevant segmented audience cohorts
- Daily check of campaigns and performance across various internal / external consoles to drive consistent performance and to identify optimization tactics
- Stand by for adjusting, optimizing & making changes across campaigns if needed
- Provide frequent local media benchmarks analysis on best performing ads and competitor activity; either via media agency sources or internal 3rd party applications
- Drive digital marketing efficiencies and reach through continuous localized communication testing (a/b), innovation using different platforms and new products/formats
- Responsible for local adjustments and optimizations in creative (language / format, etc.)
- Provide insight and input on local publishers, opportunities and tactics to target new audiences and optimize measurement metrics
- Deliver most effective Cost of Acquisition (CPA) and expected Subscriber Volume; deliver most effective Cost per Reach / Engagement for awareness campaigns
- Manage agencies to executive best in class subscriber acquisition activities & media placements to build awareness
- Strong grasp in Mobile & App Install / Purchase lead (CPS based) campaigns as well as App based 3rd Party tools for optimization & data processing
- Currently an undergraduate pursuing a bachelor's degree/diploma
- Must be available for full-time internship commitment (Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm) between May to August 2023
- Indicate your internship availability (start and end date) in your resume
- Indicate your expected graduation date in your resume
*Please apply to this job posting only if you are available for a full-time internship during the stated period. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Currently an undergraduate pursuing a bachelor's degree/diploma in Marketing Communications, Communications, Media, Data and Analytics, or a related field
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Google analytics,
- Exposure on working with data analysis & marketing dashboards
- Digital Native, sound understanding on trends across digital media
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.