Software Engineering Summer Intern
Role: Software Engineering Summer Intern
At Squarepoint, our technology is integral to the success of our firm. We are looking for highly motivated students with a deep passion for technology and software development to join our software engineering summer internship program. As a participant in the internship program, you will work closely with experienced engineers to develop and deliver custom software solutions that solve complex problems and help to shape the business of investment management.
What to expect:
- A fast-paced summer training program to give you an introduction to all technical facets of software engineering in the algorithmic trading industry
- The software you build and the projects you work on will be leveraged to support active and ongoing trading with the markets
- Independent programming projects in C++ with some work in Python
- Intern social events to let you network with other Squarepoint employees and explore the city where you’re spending your internship
- Standard internship length is three months, but this is flexible and can be amended depending on your schedule and interests
What we are looking for:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of unix systems • A deep passion for technology
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- C/C++ knowledge preferred
Squarepoint is a systematic investment manager that has deep expertise in quantitative trading, technology, and operations. We seek to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients and develop model-based investment strategies through rigorous scientific research. As a datadriven firm, technology is critical to our success and we design, build and operate our own state of the art systems, from high performance automated trading platforms to large scale data science and compute farms. We have a strong learning culture and construct our teams to succeed without borders, emphasizing true collaboration between disciplines and offices around the world.
As a participant in the internship program, you will work closely with experienced engineers to develop and deliver custom software solutions that solve complex problems and help to shape the business of investment management.