Graduate Software Engineer
Role: Graduate Software Engineer
Our Technology team codes primarily in C/C++ but we also work in Python and various databases and platforms. A graduate role at Squarepoint would provide exposure to software and/or system design, development and testing under the guidance of senior technologists within our team.
Squarepoint Capital is adding to our team of world class software engineers. Selected individuals will join a highly accomplished team of professionals focusing on evolving our technology infrastructure. Some of the core responsibilities expected as junior software developers, include:
- Designing and implementing algorithmic trading frameworks;
- Executing market data and market connectivity infrastructure across global markets;
- Developing high quality risk management frameworks that inform and protect our firm;
- Deliver robust trade reporting systems that enable our quantitative analysts and traders to seek greater visibility; and
- Enhance the overall experience of our trading functions in order to provide a world class and competitive platform.
Each of these areas forms a vital component to the overall success of Squarepoints global technology strategy.
Our platform is primarily implemented in C/C++ but we also work in Python and various other languages. Linux is our operating system of choice. Our systems are heavily distributed multithreaded applications that deal with large amounts of data and high performance requirements. Agility and high quality are at the core of our software development approach. We are geared to delivering fast and efficient solutions through problem solving across our functional teams and thereby ensuring a fully collaborative approach to our solutions.
- Hands on development or enhancements for applications managed by technology team. This will be under guidance of senior developers
- Close collaboration with global counterparts to ensure maximum reuse of effort
- Work closely with traders, quant researchers, Operations & compliance to gather requirements & receive feedback
- Own applications in production and provide 3rd level application support
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- High proficiency in data structures, algorithms and computer architecture
- High degree of comfort with a programming language, preferably C/C++
- Very good communication skills
Squarepoint is a systematic investment manager that has deep expertise in quantitative trading, technology, and operations. We seek to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients and develop model-based investment strategies through rigorous scientific research. As a datadriven firm, technology is critical to our success and we design, build and operate our own state of the art systems, from high performance automated trading platforms to large scale data science and compute farms. We have a strong learning culture and construct our teams to succeed without borders, emphasizing true collaboration between disciplines and offices around the world.
Squarepoint Capital is adding to our team of world class software engineers. Selected individuals will join a highly accomplished team of professionals focusing on evolving our technology infrastructure.