Desk Quant Analyst
Role: Desk Quant Analyst
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With main investment offices in New York, London and Singapore, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
Overview of Desk Quant Analyst Position:
- Maintain and upgrade the codebase and configuration of strategies within the firm’s automated trading framework.
- Manage large datasets used in both research and production environments.
- Perform live as well as historical monitoring of trading activities. For instance, do some post-trade analysis or production reconciliation.
- Work in close collaboration with quant researchers and traders to understand the constantly evolving needs of the trading desks.
Typical Day of Desk Quant Analyst:
- Before market open, check that all required data and related processes are ready for the trading day.
- During market hours, sporadically monitor behavior and performance of strategies.
- Work on various longer-term projects required for expanding our systematic trading activities and ensuring their robustness.
Skill Set Required For The Position:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical subject.
- Programming proficiency with at least one major programming or scripting language (e.g. C++, Java, Python).
- Great attention to details.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with colleagues across multiple regions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Employment Pass will not be sponsored for this role.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Q/KDB+.
- Knowledge of Linux and Bash.
- Advanced quantitative skills.
Please apply online via https://www.squarepoint-capital.com/job#2546549
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients.