Assist the Business Developers in the regions assigned on new project selection, engineering, pricing, documents.
Flender is an independent company within Siemens, that for over 120 years is the market leader for Industrial Gear Units and Couplings, a field more familiarly called Mechanical Power Transmission.
Being a market leader in Mechanical Power Transmission Technology, means we are always in the cutting edge of technology and the application of the technology itself. Highly qualified and dedicated employees have always been the key to our innovative strength and productive capacity. But they are also the basis of our special consulting expertise, which is supported by a virtually unlimited portfolio.
Our ability to competently advise our customers with a view to their individual requirements rests on our extensive application know-how and our decades-long experience in many sectors of industry and raw materials extraction.
What are my responsibilities?
Assist the Business Developers in the regions assigned on:
- New project selection, engineering, pricing, documents
- Spare Parts or Spare Units pricing CS retrofit selection, engineering, pricing, documentation
- First line checker and approval on quotations
- Build up “market relevant” know-how for internal and external customers
- Assist the Official FLENDER Partners in the regions assigned
Liaise with Service Manager on:
- Failure cases of any kind, asking for diagnosis, root cause analysis, reports, remedy.
Liaise with FLENDER factories on:
- Feedback on engineering proposals to be used in projects
- Suggest to the factories on a more sensible design alterations as part of Continuous Improvement measures
- Assist Business Developer to explain to factory on any technical deviations from the original order
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferably more than 3 years experience in Mechanical Power Transmission field (Industrial Gearboxes & Couplings Business); but open to fresh graduates too
- Singaporean / PR only
- Occasional travelling within the ASEAN Region required