The mission of the Shopee Tech Ops MRE (Machine Reliability Engineering) team is to ensure efficient and sustainable operation of the Shopee network and hardware level 24x7, building and...
The mission of the Shopee Tech Ops MRE (Machine Reliability Engineering) team is to ensure efficient and sustainable operation of the Shopee network and hardware level 24x7, building and maintaining massive hardware clusters for SRE and capacity, in terms of capacity, cost and hardware performance. The team provides sustainable hardware resources and stable network support services. MRE needs to communicate with the data center team to design and optimise network architecture; provide reasonable hardware configuration through hardware testing and selection according to business requirements; customize stable and efficient OS; optimize traditional operation through engineering and service means; and build a complete hardware monitoring system to improve the efficiency of fault handling.
- Responsible for the selection and customization of Shopee server and storage related hardware, integration and optimization of OS and hardware
- Responsible for the construction of hardware monitoring system, responsible for tracking and solving hardware failures and problems
- Responsible for the daily management and distribution of hardware resources and related platform construction
- Provide efficient and effective hardware solutions according to business needs
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related fields
- Proficient in X86, ARM related hardware architecture, familiar with CPU,/GPU/ NAND/PCIE and other hardware technologies
- Familiar with mainstream SAN/NAS/Flash Storage solutions, distributed file system solutions
- Skilled use of a variety of hardware testing tools, testing procedures, with experience in selection, familiar with hardware troubleshooting
Skills below are optional but preferable:
- Experience with Resource application, capacity management platform design or R&D is preferred
- Experience with hardware selection of server/storage vendors or large Internet companies is preferred
- Experience with OS Kernel fine-tuning and customization experience is preferred