Firmware Engineer - Product & Firmware Tools Development
About our group:
Seagate Singapore Design Center (SSDC) is hiring a Firmware/Software Intern in the Product Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved with new product development, using Agile / SCRUM methodologies.
The Firmware Product Development group is responsible for the development of new technologies and features to enhance the reliability and performance of the disc drives. The team has a deep technical expertise in firmware design and a passion for developing cutting-edge solutions. The group supports the mainstream Nearline products. The team is involved in staging of new technologies like multiple-actuator drives (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRlm3K_a_lU) and the definition of the hardware and firmware architecture for the next generation products
About the role - you will:
The Firmware/Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining drive level embedded real time code, and infrastructure tools driving engineering efficiency. The engineer will work through different aspects of product development, including IP staging (C programming) and firmware tools-development (Python).
- Design, Develop, Test, and Integrate new features into Hard Disc Drive (HDD) products.
- Work closely with HDD firmware engineers to develop tools that will be instrumental in the code development life cycle.
- Get involved in challenging projects and gain exposure to software engineering best practices.
- Contribute to cross-site/remote teams and present recommendations to the team.
- Degree (bachelors or masters) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- Proven proficiency in working with Python (fluency with pandas and matplotlib/seaborn libraries) and C programming.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic awareness of Agile/SCRUM methodologies is preferred.