IT Developer Graduate Programme
RWE Supply & Trading Asia-Pacific Pte. Ltd, Singapore (SG)
Start date: September 2023
Drive your career with an energy leader
Are you looking to kickstart your career at a business where you can really make an impact? Join us at the Asian headquarters of RWE Supply & Trading (RWEST) in Singapore.
Developers at RWEST work in the heart of our commercial business, developing and managing market data and evaluation systems for the front office. Working closely with analysts and front office desks, they provide solutions and support in key areas such as profit and loss, position reporting, deal handling automation, market data visualisation, model prototyping and trading systems.
What you’ll be doing
The programme involves doing four six-month rotations over two years. Your first will be in Singapore. The second and third will both be in Europe (Germany and UK). For your final rotation, you will return to our office in Singapore where you will then move into a permanent position as an RWEST developer.
Through your rotations, you will be able to increase your IT stack and business knowledge, develop competence in a range of IT languages and build a good awareness of different working cultures – all of which will prove invaluable in your permanent role and future career.
What you’ll need to thrive
Passionate about the energy industry? Want to learn and grow alongside experienced industry experts? Looking to explore new markets with a commercial business that is growing on a global scale? Then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
Some relevant work experience, an understanding of energy or financial trading and basic database knowledge (SQL, noSQL, Key / Value) are all useful but not essential. What you must have is:
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in an IT subject or similar such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics (IT, statistical or numerate degree)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of at least one of the following languages: C#, Java or Python
- Knowledge in some front-end web frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.JS would be nice-to-have but are not essential
- Passion for IT development
- Willingness and flexibility to move to Europe for one year
- Excellent communication skills which combine fluent English with either Chinese or Japanese being beneficial
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Motivated to take on new challenges, whether operating independently or in a team
- Analytical mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
A culture that empowers you
At RWEST we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experiences you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you the chance to shape your own career path and personal development, and offer the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned a graduate buddy and senior mentor within your field who can advise on rotations and introduce you to key people within the business.
You’ll have opportunities to attend various webinars and technical training courses, as well as a exposure to real business applications to help you embed your learning. Plus we offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and the management board.
And after the programme? The only way is up! Around 80% of our graduates are still working with us long after their programmes have finished. So the skills you gain should provide the perfect springboard for your future career.
Meeting Your Needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to help create a healthy workspace and support for your well-being:
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- International rotations in the UK, Germany, and possibly further afield
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme), peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
- Access to a modern office and trading floor in a great location
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies
- State-of-the-art IT
Ready to be empowered?
Find out more on www.rwestcareers.com
Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or Kate Poade, T: +44 207 898 1954
You can also find us on LinkedIn and Instagram
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Apply before 6th October 2022 with just a few clicks: 74379
Please note that it is mandatory to upload your CV and cover letter in English. You will need to submit these as one document to apply. Furthermore, your CV should include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.