Commercial Graduate Programme
RWE Supply & Trading Asia-Pacific Pte. Ltd, Singapore (SG)
Start date: September 2023
Starting Salary: $71,500
Drive your career with an energy leader
Looking for a graduate programme with real growth potential? Join us at the Asian headquarters of RWE Supply & Trading (RWEST) in Singapore and follow in the footsteps of the many RWEST managers and traders who came through the programme before you.
From day one, you’ll be helping us continue our expansion into new markets and locations. Throughout the programme, you’ll be developing the skills and knowledge you need to become an industry expert.
What you’ll be doing
Over two years, you’ll do four six-month rotations, starting off in Singapore with others potentially in Germany (Essen), the UK (London or Swindon), USA (Chicago), PRC (Beijing or Shanghai), or Japan (Tokyo). You can then seek to continue your career beyond the graduate programme into any of our Asia Pacific hubs.
To make sure you build up a broad awareness of the business, at least one of your rotations will be in a non-trading function. Other than that, you get to choose which areas of the business you work in. These could include:
- Proprietary trading of commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG, metals, carbon)
- Commercial Asset Optimisation
- Analytical functions such as Structuring & Valuation or Risk Management
- Business support functions such as Back Office or Finance Controlling
What you’ll need to thrive
Passionate about the energy industry? Want to learn and grow alongside experienced industry experts? Looking to explore new markets with a commercial business that is growing on a global scale? Then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
Some relevant work experience is useful but not essential. What you must have is:
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in a highly analytical and numerical subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Maritime, Economics or Data Sciences
- Excellent communication skills which combine fluent English and either Chinese or Japanese
- IT proficiency
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Motivated to take on new challenges, whether operating independently or in a team
- Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
- Analytical mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Flexibility and mobility needed to travel to multiple locations
A culture that empowers you
At RWEST we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experiences you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you the chance to shape your own career path and personal development, and offer the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned a graduate buddy and senior mentor within your field who can advise on rotations and introduce you to key people within the business.
You’ll have opportunities to attend various webinars and technical training courses, as well as exposure to real business applications to help you embed your learning. Plus we offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and the management board.
And after the programme? The only way is up! Around 80% of our graduates are still working with us long after their programmes have finished. So the skills you gain should provide the perfect springboard for your future career.
Meeting Your Needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to help create a healthy workspace and support for your well-being:
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- International rotations in the UK, Germany, and possibly further afield
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme), peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
- Access to a modern office and trading floor in a great location
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies
- State-of-the-art IT
Ready to be empowered?
Find out more on www.rwestcareers.com
Any questions? email@example.com or Paul Roberts, T: +44 1793 475172
You can also find us on LinkedIn and Instagram
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
As an inclusive employer we strive to be able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. If you’d like to request any adjustments or know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply before 6th October 2022 with just a few clicks: 74359
Please note that it is mandatory to upload your CV and cover letter in English. You will need to submit these as one document to apply. Furthermore, your CV should include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.