Communications Engineer (Nucleus Graduate Programme)
Will you be part of the extraordinary?
We're guided by our vision of advancing communities, and bringing people and technology together to make the extraordinary happen. NCS creates end-to-end technology solutions and services clients with its NEXT capabilities of digital, cloud, platforms as well as core offerings in Applications, Infrastructure, Engineering and Cyber Security, working on projects that impact millions every day. With our passion to innovate, you can tell that we're more than ready to meet the future. Join us and be part of this extraordinary journey too.
Your role is only the beginning
At NCS, we pride ourselves on empowering our people and talent to their fullest potential. Learning together in our NCS DOJO, we have comprehensive, built-in, training and industry standard qualifications that will allow you to up-skill and re-skill as we grow together. Our 5-year Nucleus graduate programme brings together professional coaching and technical expertise to help you attain a Master of Technology with NUS-ISS or industry-recognised Professional certifications. To broaden your perspectives, we also have multiple ‘playgrounds’ that work as Project Teams, Client Tribes, Strategy Groups and Centres-of-Excellence based in Singapore, Shenzhen and Melbourne. And if there are any ideas or projects that interest you, we’re always listening and ready to play.
What will you be expected to do?
- Be part of project deployment team, understand objectives of the project, participate in solutioning design, review and project requirements gathering. Be involved in project roll out, including setting equipment / network in the lab, configuration, testing and review improvement in project quality.
- Work with team leads to ensure design and programme codes conform to architecture and design standards, including compliance and guidelines with NCS coding security, established design methodologies and industry best practices which will meet functional and system requirements.
- Ensure quality and smooth execution of the programme through assisting in integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and implementation activities to fix reported problems/bugs in the production environment.
- Assist in configuration management planning, identification, controls and audit to make changes of configurable items, which include hardware, software, documentation.
- Develop system / network and unit test packages, including execution and documentation of the test results and further troubleshooting as part of project quality assurance. Such reports to be regularly maintained and updated in the system to provide accuracy and efficiencies in the project operating environment.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics, or other related disciplines that possess analytical and quantitative component from a reputable institution.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Huawei Certified ICT Associate (HCIA) certification or equivalent.
- Project Management skills
- Software Programming skills