Cyber Analytics Engineer
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) aspires to be world-class in delivering a safe and secure home for our people. In pursuing our mission to help make Singapore safe and secure, we remain always constant and true to our core values of Honour and Unity.
Want to serve a greater cause?
We are looking for candidates who are interested in both cyber security and data analytics. Your role is to apply analytical skills in evaluating data related to cyber threat activities operating within Singapore’s cyberspace that could potentially impact national security.
As a Cyber Analytics Engineer, you will join our mission in cyber threat intelligence operations in selected or a combination of the following areas:
- Aggregate and enrich large amount of data from multiple sources.
- Design and develop cyber-analytics solutions to enable threat analysis and support decision-making.
- Contextualize and correlate cybersecurity threat events and data for the development of actionable threat intelligence.
- Present and communicate cyber-analytical findings with analysis of cyber threat incidents and/or cyber threat landscape to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Conduct data mining on complex data sources to derive emerging cyber threat trends and patterns for the purpose of anomaly detection.
- Evaluate and make incremental improvements to internal, commercial and open-source tools for the purpose of enhancing and optimizing workflows and processes.
- Singapore Citizens only.
- Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply.
- Self-motivated, open-minded, resourceful and meticulous. Able to work independently and in teams.
- Competent in at least one of the following programming language:
- Interest and ability to gain expertise in other programming languages, frameworks and technologies.
- Familiarity with one or more database and its related querying languages (e.g. SQL, Pig, Hive, SparkQL).
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Machine learning (e.g. predictive analytics, natural language processing)
- Data analytics (e.g. descriptive statistics, modelling)
- Algorithms (e.g. Complexity Theory, Search Algorithms, Data Structures)
- Big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, HBase, Elasticsearch)
- Data visualisation (e.g. UX/UI design, PowerBI, D3, Tableau)
- Network protocols and technologies (e.g. Netflow, DNS, TLS)
- Cyber attack lifecycle and concept (e.g. kill chain, TTP, C&C server)
For applications to be considered, you are required to upload your full resume and cover letter. If you have any development projects hosted on public repositories, such as GitHub or Bitbucket, do provide us with the links in your resume as well.
Please note that your cover letter should minimally include the following:
- A brief introduction of yourself
- Why you are interested in this job
- Why you are suitable for this job
- Any skills/experiences/training that you think will help in your application for this job
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) aspires to be world-class in delivering a safe and secure home for our people.