Foreign Service Administration Specialist
What the role is
Foreign Service Administration Specialists (FSAS) contribute to the success of MFA in administrative and operational roles. FSAS officers can develop along multiple career pathways to pursue a career that makes the best use of their skills, knowledge and interests. After a deployment in HQ, FSAS officers may be posted to any of our 50 Overseas Missions where they have the unique experience of being in diverse social and cultural environments.
No matter where you begin, you can go far.
What you will be working on
While at HQ, you may perform one of the following roles:
- Administration: Provide administrative, secretarial or IT support; or handle information management
- Consular: Assist overseas Singaporeans in distress
- Corporate Services: Provide administrative support in finance, procurement, travel, relocation or estate management
- Human Resource: Execute various functions such as recruitment, performance management and career development
- Protocol: Organise programmes for VVIPs, and manage diplomatic privileges and immunities
- Strategic Communications: Manage MFA’s corporate communications and monitor news
- Technical Cooperation: Implement and coordinate courses, and liaise with training providers
What we are looking for
- Singapore citizens with strong administrative, planning and communication skills, who are ready to take up the challenge of working overseas.
Our training framework comprises formal training, exposure and on-the-job training that are designed to develop your capabilities and competencies. This includes milestone programmes at various stages of your career to hone your skills and prepare you for higher level appointments. Those with leadership potential can look forward to greater job responsibilities.
Find Out More/Contact Us
Applications are open and all applicants will be notified on whether they will be shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of application. If you wish to find out more or hear from our officers, please visit our website at www.mfa.gov.sg/career. If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have difficulty submitting your application on Career@Gov, please email your application and resume to Sherleena_Quah@mfa.gov.sg and Odelia_Oh@mfa.gov.sg.