Procurement Associate / Procurement Senior Associate
What the role is:
Government procurement accounts for about $25 billion in government spending each year. As a government procurement professional, you will play a vital role in supporting the delivery of public services, contributing to the sustainability and competitiveness of the Singapore economy, and ensure prudent spending of public funds. To do this well, government procurement professionals must be equipped with a Whole-of-Government (WOG) mindset, industry acumen and procurement innovation and transformation skills.
The Ministry of Finance – Government Procurement Function Office (GPFO) was set up in 2020 to lead the WOG procurement function, and drive transformation of the WOG procurement policies, practices, systems and workforce. You will be part of Team GPFO for the 2-year development programme.
Join the Government procurement family to contribute to Singapore’s continuous operation and development in areas like defence and national security, Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, land transport, buildings and infrastructures, environmental sustainability goals and more.
You will also be part of the dynamic team that drives the Government procurement transformation and shape its future.
The role provides work immersion exposure through a robust programme structure, ensuring a good start to your procurement career. You will gain valuable experience by rotating among public service agencies, acquiring key procurement competencies through certifiable training programmes, and immersing yourself in government policy work. Career coaching, mentorship, and continuous career development opportunities will also be provided.
At the end of the 2-year development programme with MOF, you will be equipped with core procurement competencies and knowledge and be ready to embark on your procurement career journey with the Singapore Government.
What you will be working on:
You will gain exposure to various procurement scope across different agencies and domains to develop broad procurement competencies critical in ensuring career agility and employability. Your roles will be diverse, maximizing exposure and learning while delivering procurement outcomes as part of the agency’s procurement team.
Under guidance and on-the-job training to different agencies, your responsibilities may include:
[Procurement Policy/ Strategy/ Governance Role]
- Support governance, administration and review of procurement policies and processes to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and good financial governance.
- Provide advisory to stakeholders on basic procurement policies to enhance overall efficiency and alignment in agencies’ practices and processes.
- Review procurement policies and processes to innovate and add-value.
- Conduct spend analysis of procurement data to formulate procurement policies, processes, and strategies.
[Sourcing/ Category Management/ Procurement Operations Role]
- Work with stakeholders to understand their requirements and recommend procurement approach and strategies appropriate for the purchases.
- Develop strategies for demand aggregation and identify opportunities for cost consolidation, optimization and process improvement.
- Support the identification of procurement risks and their implications, and propose mitigating measures.
- Conduct procurement processes of tender/ quotation preparation, specifications review, sourcing, evaluation, and award in accordance with policies and guidelines.
- Support the management of procurement systems and applications to ensure smooth operation.
[Contract and Supplier Management Role]
- Manage contract administration process and effect contract variations in accordance with policies and guidelines.
- Provide contractual advice to stakeholders and ensure compliance with appropriate tendering and procurement procedures.
- Coordinate and work closely with suppliers to ensure performance and timely deliveries of goods and services.
What we are looking for:
- Diploma or degree qualification in any discipline.
- Job seekers with up to 10 years of working experience looking to pivot into a government procurement career are welcomed to apply.
- Prior procurement experience optional.
- Committed, resourceful, curious, and self-driven individual who can work independently and within teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
Join us for the programme virtual info sessions to find out more. Register at https://form.gov.sg/643aaf3a0423fa001119a242.
- Info Session #1: 18 May 2023, 4.30pm – 5.30pm via Zoom
- Info Session #2: 9 Jun 2023, 4.30pm – 5.30pm via Zoom
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Successful candidates will be offered a role on a 2-year contract.
About Ministry of Finance:
The mission of the Ministry of Finance (MOF) is to create a better Singapore through finance. We aim to sustain a high-performance Government with sound public finances that enable growth opportunities for all Singaporeans. The Ministry of Finance is an important central planning agency within the Public Service, serving four key roles:
- As a Steward, we are responsible for the Government’s overall budget and management of reserves
- As an Enabler, we provide resources (funds, products and expertise) to other government agencies for the implementation of national policies and programmes
- As an Integrator, we bring agencies and/or other stakeholders together to achieve whole-of-government outcomes
- As a Catalyst, we seed new ideas and open up new terrain where others have not yet seen the potential for success.