As a NAND Product Development Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for the development of the performance and reliability of our new NAND products.
- Prior to first silicon of the NAND product, you will:
- run simulations to learn and create documentation covering the read, program, and erase operations of the NAND product; and
- generate and propose an initial set of device configuration, voltage, and timing register settings to be used for first silicon.
- After receiving first silicon of the NAND product, you will:
- characterize the device read margins, performance, and reliability of the product;
- propose and implement changes to device settings or program/read/erase algorithms to improve product capability toward achievement of product performance and reliability goals;
- identify, propose, and implement corrective actions for any issues that are identified through qualification, to ensure that our products meet the necessary performance and reliability specifications; and
- engage with internal SSD/ Managed NAND and system media development teams to ensure the NAND product is well-optimized for its intended systems.
- Additionally, you will:
- propose enhancements to the read, program, and erase algorithms of future NAND products, based on your learnings.
- participate in cross-functional efforts to document, standardize, and improve our capability to characterize and optimize future products.
Successful candidates for this position will demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of NAND memory cell operation, device physics, and reliability mechanisms
- Strong knowledge of NAND program, erase, and read algorithms and operations
- Strong knowledge of NAND Read Window Budget (RWB) and device characterization
- Good familiarity with semiconductor memory fabrication processes
- Some background in computer programming or scripting languages. Knowledge of Perl, Python, and/or Matlab is desirable.
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English
- Good multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Position requires a Bachelor’s/ Master’s/ PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or related disciplines.