As the Manufacturing Central Team Tool Install and Qualification (TIQ) Equipment Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for driving improvement of Front End Manufacturing TIQ program in partnership with Global Procurement, Global Facilities & Respective Site TIQ teams, aligning to and executing global business strategy as well as delivering continuous improvements to meet industry benchmark for Tool Installation (TI). Key areas of focus for this role is equipment hook up and base build start up.
Your key objectives are to lead global peer groups in leveraging global internal and external resources to create alignment in TIQ BKM procedures and define TIQ material specification requirements based on Technical assessment and lesson learns, to ensure TIQ business procedure are aligned across Micron manufacturing sites for DRAM and NAND. In addition to these, further optimization of Facilities Tool Install costs to ensure Micron remains cost competitive in executing our TIQ in an increasingly competitive market. Due to its global nature, occasional International travel is required.
TIQ Specifications & Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of TIQ materials as well as the risk mitigation process and strategies.
- Manages TIQ technical requirements and constraints across sites.
- Facilitate and lead activities related to Facilities TI Optimization and cost.
- Build close and effective relationship with Corporate Facilities, Site Facilities and Procurement Teams.
- Drive global peer groups to ensure alignment on strategic roadmaps to achieve key gains in TIQ.
- Drive improvement and alignment in site acceptance criteria across the sites.
- Understand and adopt best safety practices across sites.
- Standardization of Facilities TSR requirements and business process.
- Identify further avenues for Facilities TI
- Influence global peer groups to ensure alignment on strategy and roadmap to achieve area objectives with clear line of sight to strategic objectives and protecting business plans.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects based on Fab and corporate objectives.
- Drive Facilities TI improvement projects to achieve corporate Facilities TI alignment, cost and optimization goals.
- Manage priorities and enhancements to improve business processes and existing systems that are global in nature.
- Maintain a portfolio of projects that maximizes ROI for the program and supports the Central Team and Corporate roadmaps.
- Monitor adoption of standardized TIQ equipment BKMs, respective Fabs TIQ status and provide help to respective ramping sites when required.
- Drive further year on year optimization for TIQ.
- Track metrics for benchmarking respective Fabs Performance. Identify and share BKMs across sites and track compliance to agree upon alignment to Best Known Method (BKM).
- Provide tactical support and coordination for the Fabs as required for issues of Safety, Output and Cost.
- Provide support to meet corporate objectives to upkeep cost competitiveness.
- Strong people and collaboration skills to lead globally sites on BKM and Business process alignments.
- Self-motivated: Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Dependability and able to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Good organization skills and able to plan and prioritize
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to details
- The ability to interface with suppliers professionally
- Willingness to work during non-standard hours when needed to provide support technical teams at other Micron sites.
- Knowledge of Facilities and Equipment Tool Installation.
- Able to travel when required to support department and company objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- Understanding of tool process releases is a plus.
- Bachelor in Engineering discipline
- Prefer Equipment startup background
- Min E3 and above.