As a AMHS Engineer, you are responsible for working with the Fab Production, Engineering and Planning teams as well as AMHS and Equipment suppliers to establish strategic direction for original design and improvements to Material Handling systems. You are also responsible for the supervision and development of shift team members and directing area sustaining efforts to ensure optimum performance.
- Generate modeling of automated systems within the fab to assist in defining of improvements, equipment requirements and required changes to support ramp.
- Work with supplier to define product direction.
- Set up recipe, SPC controls, design of experiment, and continuous improvement for the AMHS department.
- Improve system performance while maintaining a safe fab work environment and reducing overall Cost of Ownership.
- Collaborate with the Fab Engineering and Production teams to set priorities and address AMHS related issues.
- Work with cross-area engineering teams to organize efforts to solve equipment and process issues.
- Collaborate with area shift supervisor counterparts to drive business process alignment.
- Direct shift team in the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Ensure shift team members have required training, as well as job critical knowledge and skills.
- Promote and enable a safe and positive working environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in related Engineering field
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Advanced programming skills and the ability to use existing and learn new simulation modeling software.
- Proven ability to work with vendors and Fab engineers to understand the basic operation of the tool they are modeling and the purpose of the model.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively present their findings and recommendations so that all involved will understand and accept the direction.
- Proven ability to foster an environment that encourages continuous improvement and creative thinking.
- Solid project management skills including organizing, planning and scheduling tasks and resources; tracking and reporting progress.
- A high level of self-motivation.
- Proven ability to learn and understand complicated automated systems.
- Basic SQL programming language experience and simulation software exposure.
- The ability to travel to remote sites for extended periods of time for training, information sharing, and implementation of systems to support the company goals.
- Knowledge of different 300mm tools and processes including experience with AMHS is preferred.