The position requires the engineer to carry out maintenance services, corrective and schedule preventive maintenance for broadcast system and infrastructure. Broadcast system includes TV & Radio Playout Automation System, Central Audio & Video Core Router, Central Production Intercom System, Broadcast Control and Monitoring System, etc. and support implementation of broadcast system projects.
Key responsibilities & challenges
- Providing technical support to broadcast equipment and systems in Media Operations Centre, TV Playout & Radio Studios, and etc.
- Carry out system installation, testing and commissioning of broadcast system.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of broadcast equipment and system.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance broadcast equipment and system
- Carry out security measures and hardening of system
- Work with different business units to provide technical solutions to enhance existing operation and setup
- Evaluate and recommend new broadcast equipment and system.
- Support project implementation of broadcast system and infrastructures.
- Perform shift and standby duty to support broadcast system and infrastructures.
- Degree/Diploma in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Information Technology from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Some knowledge in TV or Radio production and broadcasting; or relevant experience in related industry.
- Equipped with IT skill; strong IT knowledge and experience would be a bonus
- A hands-on engineer with strong interest and knowledge in broadcasting engineering.
- Willing to always learn new things as Technology is changing all the time.
- A team player who is able to work independently and is prepared to perform shift duties.
- Good project management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are other essential attributes.