We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
The financial analyst is responsible for supporting the Finance Business Partners for South East Asia across a broad spectrum of financial processes and strategic initiatives while assisting to manage and execute the corporate/regional reporting and planning requirements.
- Provides support to manage financial close and forecast, including analysis of key performance metrics and P&L line items to derive risks and opportunities, as well as management of parameter input e.g. Hyperion load, GBSC forms, Rebate & Incentive templates.
- Assists in preparation of monthly performance reviews, demonstrating insightful use of financial analysis techniques to provide practical counsel to divisional partners and management in order to drive business results.
- Supports strategic planning and deep-dive sessions with the Finance Business Partners to establish targets and initiatives for the respective country teams.
- Identifies, analyzes, and communicates trends and issues affecting the business, including addressing ad hoc financial queries or customer analysis, and assists to formulate and drive mitigation plans.
- Maintains and develops performance and expense tracking reports to drive insight and accountability with the business.
- Identifies and drives process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Opportunity to participate and work on strategic initiatives, including M&As or new product implementations, jointly with the team, from evaluating synergies to process implementation and go-to-market plans.
All About You
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting and/or a related discipline, with good understanding of reporting, forecasting and budgeting techniques
- Tech-savvy with a passion for continuous improvement - High proficiency in Excel is a must. Experience with VBA and Hyperion Essbase is desired
- Strong analytical and data gathering and planning skills with an eye for details
- Results-oriented and performance driven with a focus on excellence
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy and to manage multiple activities in a short timeframe
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.