Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Singapore office:
What can you expect?
This will be an exceptional opportunity to embark on a journey of career growth and acceleration with an award-winning Fortune 500 company, and be part of a reputable and recognized brand in the insurance and risk management industry by working with and learning from industry leading experts in the field. The successful candidate will work closely with the Asia Marketing and Communication team and internal business stakeholders to produce effective digital-first content targeted at external and internal audiences, including clients, prospects, and shareholders of Marsh. You will play a key role in conveying the key messages, benefits, and value propositions of Marsh’s brand, products and services primarily for the business (B2B) audience. You will also get access to colleague resource groups across the globe that provides mentorship and development opportunities to help you build a sense of connection and community throughout your career.
What is in it for you:
- Conceptualize and develop content for a variety of digital platforms including website copy, thought leadership blogs, conversion pages, video scripts, email marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, social media posts, infographics, whitepapers, and more.
- Structure, research, write, and edit micro-, short- and long-form content according to requirements, templates, frameworks, or drafts provided by internal stakeholders and team members.
- Propose, plan, and execute the editorial pipeline for campaigns, coordinating with internal stakeholders on activities (e.g., proofread, request for revisions from designers and authors, flagging for further review, providing suggestions and recommendations, checking for completeness and prepares flow dates and statistics) to ensure that the timeline is adhered to and editorial standards are kept.
- Liaise and coordinate with editors and other teams (e.g. production team, graphic artists and video sound engineers) on content and material preparation in a timely and accurate manner ensuring production standards are kept.
- Evaluate, review and edit internal and external communications and materials for quality, completeness, accuracy, and alignment with established standards.
- Actively participate in discussions and meetings with stakeholders to distill their expertise and insights into compelling, high-performance content.
- Provide advice and recommendations on content best practices and guidelines to internal stakeholders.
- Accurately align content produced with content strategy as well as the company’s vision, values, strategy, and perspective on issues.
- Plan and coordinate the Marsh Asia LinkedIn calendar.
- Ensure messaging is consistent and aligns to brand standards.
We will count on you to:
- Writing and editing copy in accordance to the Marsh content production workflow and established processes.
- Adhere to campaign and deliverable timelines and submit copy on time.
- Enforce standards and ensure all written copy is free from error, concise, and optimized for the target audience as well as the medium/format it is intended for.
- Evaluate feedback on content and make revisions where applicable.
- Conduct interviews; undertake desk research; analyze reports, papers, studies, and surveys — making accurate decisions on the relevancy of information (e.g. data and statistics) to include in the copy.
- Improve writing and editing job knowledge by attending training sessions; reading technical publications and ongoing learning about the business.
- Assist in layout and production of visual content working with the internal design and digital team members.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, or Marketing.
- 2 to 3 years of proven experience in journalism or agency background.
- Demonstrated knowledge of content marketing best practices (e.g. thought leadership) and sensitivity towards variations in in writing tone and style across different formats and mediums, including email, social media, and video.
- Comfortable with complex and nuanced subject matters and topics.
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking in content production, guide content discussions, justify content decisions, and recommend content solutions.
- Able to consistently produce grammatically and factually correct content and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge in SEO best practices and monitoring tools such as Google Analytics and SEMRush.
- Previous experience of writing B2B content and/or journalism will be an advantage.
What makes you stand out:
- Excellent communication and written skills in English.
- Strategic thinker with ability to take ownership, prioritise work, and meet deadlines with can-do attitude.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and analytical problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and a team player with good interpersonal skills.