In order to support our team and strengthen the growth of our APAC business, Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Singapore office:
What can you expect?
Darwin is changing Benefits for Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market. Join us on our journey and take the next step in your career with the Engineering team.
Application Engineers are responsible for creating the business logic that drives Darwin™, using Darwin Configuration Language (DCL*). Templates written by Application Engineers will be used to standardize and simplify the implementation of client schemes across the globe.
(* The Darwin Configuration Language (DCL) is a proprietary configuration tool, developed in Thomsons. This is used in Darwin 4.0 to create the basic building blocks of our platform (benefits, client schemes and interfacing). There is no expectation that anyone applying for the role will have any background or prior knowledge of DCL syntax).
We will count on you to:
- Create Darwin-wide configuration based on clear specifications, using Darwin Configuration Language (DCL)
- Interpret and translate business requirements into technical requirements across all Darwin levels
- Update or fix Darwin-wide configuration based on change requests and/or bugs
- Follow DCL standards in terms of naming and design of the configuration file
- Assist Darwin Support teams with the debugging of templates
- Add value to configuration standards by improving and creating new ones that will create efficiency for the team
- Create reports, based on specification, using DCL Create Reward Centre layouts (Home Page/ Selection/ TRS)
- Produce documentation to reflect the content and available options of released templates
- Deal with workload peaks without compromising on working standards
- End-to-end delivery of small to medium-sized projects
- Develop basic unit tests
- Review code(s)
- Meet SLAs
- Maintain an updated status for your current tasks, using the available tools (JIRA/Confluence)
- Attend mandatory training sessions
- Perform other job-related duties and activities as requested
- Respond to ad-hoc requests and issues
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1 to 2 years of prior experience in coding. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Drive, determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce high quality work without supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Good learning attitude and the ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent spoken and written English with strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic programing algorithms
- Strong knowledge of flexible benefits terms
- Knowledge of data serialization formats : XML, JSON
- Prior experience in dealing with users at all levels
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards
- Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Proven experience in working with benefits management systems would be a plus
- Ability to commit to the required working hours (10am to 6.30pm SGT, Mondays to Fridays)
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
At Marsh McLennan, we understand the complexity, and the reality, of the modern career path. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you would be a great fit for the role, we would love to hear from you.