In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following area,
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
• Knowledge and management of marine operations & processes.
• Knowledge of various vessel designs.
• Proforma optimisation and knowledge of service drivers.
• Control measures for bunker consumption & other operational costs.
• Usage of operational systems.
• Diverse stakeholder management and global (multi-cultural) communication & interaction.
• To ensure that vessels in the fleet are operated effectively and efficiently, whilst managing associated costs.
• To drive proforma performance for assigned services in terms of consumption & reliability.
• Ensure that relevant systems are properly updated and proper notification of intended and actual schedules
are made available to all relevant parties.
• Ownership of the related Marine Execution process – vessel & terminal operations, consumption monitoring and service performance/data analysis.
• Manage day-to-day vessel operations.
• Ensure vessels are given proper instructions and are performing as required
• Monitor vessel and port/terminal performance, and adjust schedules accordingly.
• Liaise with terminal operators and local teams to ensure the most optimal berthing line-up for incoming ves- sels
• Communicate schedule changes in a timely manner with all relevant stakeholders.
• Propose and implement contingency plans as necessary.
• Understand and own the proforma schedule of the assigned service – service drivers, schedule risks, port
• limitations; and be able to proactively propose alternatives or changes feasible to the concerned stakehold- ers.
• Know and understand the costs associated with running the proforma of the assigned service – bunker con- sumption, marine charges (channel usage fee, pilotage charges, etc.), and other related port costs.
• Identify variances in the actual service performance vs proforma, and manage these differences by liaising with the related stakeholders.
• Assessment of service requirements and calculation of voyage costs for changes to vessel deployment.
• Assist with new proforma and slot cost calculations to improve service reliability and coverage.
• Participate in the network change process by discussing and securing berthing windows for all ports within scope.
[General Marine Execution Tasks]:
• Ensure proper accounting for off-hire and charter-related costs during vessel in fleet.
• Raise issues on vessel performance to the Vessel Management /Post-Fixture team for immediate rectifica- tion.
• Awareness of the bunkering activities of vessels in the assigned service/scope.
• Bunkering Operations
• Conducts post mortem reviews of marine operations/scenarios to assess and address areas of improvement.
• Use frontline and terminal, fleet, and vessel command knowledge and expertise to drive optimisation, excellence, and quality for processes under Marine Execution.
• Identifies and suggest continuous improvement possibilities in the ways of working.
• Maintain regular reporting to management on vessel, service, and terminal performance.
• Maintains positive & productive communication with stakeholders.
• Complete other tasks as assigned under the Marine Execution scope.
We are looking for
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferably with shipping experience– preferably in fleet, liner, and/or terminal operations.
• New graduates also welcome to apply.
• Proactive and result-driven, can implement contingencies and make fast (informed) decisions;
• Can deal with ambiguity and eliminate complexities in an operational scenario;
• Ability to see the big picture & desired outcome in a given situation.
• Able to manage stakeholders across different levels in the organization.
• Able to multi-task well, and with a process improvement mindset.
• Someone with excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.