In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
• Knowledge and management of marine operations & processes.
• Knowledge of various vessel designs.
• Proforma optimisation and knowledge of service drivers.
• Control measures for bunker consumption & other operational costs.
• Usage of operational systems.
• Diverse stakeholder management and global (multi-cultural) communication & interaction.
• To ensure that vessels in the fleet are operated effectively and efficiently, whilst managing associated costs.
• To drive proforma performance for assigned services in terms of consumption & reliability.
• Ensure that relevant systems are properly updated and proper notification of intended and actual schedules
are made available to all relevant parties.
• Ownership of the related Marine Execution process – vessel & terminal operations, consumption monitoring and service performance/data analysis.
• Manage day-to-day vessel operations.
• Ensure vessels are given proper instructions and are performing as required
• Monitor vessel and port/terminal performance, and adjust schedules accordingly.
• Liaise with terminal operators and local teams to ensure the most optimal berthing line-up for incoming ves- sels
• Communicate schedule changes in a timely manner with all relevant stakeholders.
• Propose and implement contingency plans as necessary.
• Understand and own the proforma schedule of the assigned service – service drivers, schedule risks, port
• limitations; and be able to proactively propose alternatives or changes feasible to the concerned stakehold- ers.
• Know and understand the costs associated with running the proforma of the assigned service – bunker con- sumption, marine charges (channel usage fee, pilotage charges, etc.), and other related port costs.
• Identify variances in the actual service performance vs proforma, and manage these differences by liaising with the related stakeholders.
• Assessment of service requirements and calculation of voyage costs for changes to vessel deployment.
• Assist with new proforma and slot cost calculations to improve service reliability and coverage.
• Participate in the network change process by discussing and securing berthing windows for all ports within scope.
[General Marine Execution Tasks]:
• Ensure proper accounting for off-hire and charter-related costs during vessel in fleet.
• Raise issues on vessel performance to the Vessel Management /Post-Fixture team for immediate rectifica- tion.
• Awareness of the bunkering activities of vessels in the assigned service/scope.
• Bunkering Operations
• Conducts post mortem reviews of marine operations/scenarios to assess and address areas of improvement.
• Use frontline and terminal, fleet, and vessel command knowledge and expertise to drive optimisation, excellence, and quality for processes under Marine Execution.
• Identifies and suggest continuous improvement possibilities in the ways of working.
• Maintain regular reporting to management on vessel, service, and terminal performance.
• Maintains positive & productive communication with stakeholders.
• Complete other tasks as assigned under the Marine Execution scope.
We are looking for
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferably with shipping experience– preferably in fleet, liner, and/or terminal operations.
• New graduates also welcome to apply.
• Proactive and result-driven, can implement contingencies and make fast (informed) decisions;
• Can deal with ambiguity and eliminate complexities in an operational scenario;
• Ability to see the big picture & desired outcome in a given situation.
• Able to manage stakeholders across different levels in the organization.
• Able to multi-task well, and with a process improvement mindset.
• Someone with excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.