You will work in a dynamic environment with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our organization
You will work in a dynamic environment with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our organization, offering you a unique chance to make a difference by leading the container shipping industry in the direction of reliable service delivery to our customers around the world.
The role will enable you to improve on critical skills such as execution/delivery management, process improvement, stakeholder management, multi-cultural communication, and vendor management.
In addition, you will be gaining in-sights into Sealand Asia and Maersk group in broad processes from an operational and commercial perspective, and you will experience a career in the undisputed leader of the industry.
- Liaises with the terminal operator to secure berthing windows for all ports within scope.
- Acts as the main contact point for with port, terminal operators, agents, and local management of VSA partners.
- Drive terminal, local operation team and local agent performance as per agreed SLA (i.e. Berth on arrival, Productivity, stowage instruction compliance, timeliness of BAPLIE etc.).
- Own SLA agreement with terminal and ensure it is part of the contract renewal or negotiation.
- Keep Sealand Asia organization updated on port and terminal developments or changes.
- -Maintain and sets cargo operational deadlines.
- -Accountable for special cargo acceptance (i.e. Break Bulk and OOG acceptance coordination with terminal).
- -Set policy and process to ensure we can load all the container that has been booked to maximize the vessel allocation; and within Maersk Safety guideline and local regulation boundary.
- -Coordinate with local stakeholder on inland contingencies such as (equipment and cargo damages inside terminal, or vessel name change).
Inland Services and Logistic
- -Identify opportunities and drive the integration of Maersk Logistics and Inland services (i.e. intermodal, equipment triangulation, trucking) for Sealand Asia customers.
- -Drive the most efficient inland cost by constantly looking at the lowest unit cost.
- -Provides support on procurement projects and drives initiatives to improve service level.
We are looking for
- -The ideal candidate should possess a relevant degree from a reputable education facility.
- -Broad experience in the shipping operations, terminal industry or inland services will be valued, and any operations experience will be a significant advantage.
- -You should be a diligent, self-disciplined and upright individual, accepting personal ownership for your results. You will have to be innovative and driven to provide solutions and ideas that will improve our service level.
- -You should be a good communicator who is able to interact and convey ideas when working with cross-cultural teams and multiple stakeholders. You will need effective time-management skills to work under tight deadlines.
- -You will need to be flexible in making decisions and prioritizing tasks and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and complexity.
- -Excellent verbal and presentation skills will be a great advantage.
- -You should be enthusiastic, energetic and confident, and be an effective team player.
- -Comfortable to work in a cross-function role with different level of hierarchy.
- -If you have a specific set of skills, e.g. from an IT background, we are interested to hear how you can apply it to the Operations department during an interview.