You will see to it that the dredging vessel and dredging equipment are always technically operational, coordinate the various maintenance and repair works as efficiently as possible, etc.
We owe our position as a world player to our technical innovative knowhow and the most modern dredging fleet in the world. Jan De Nul Group keeps investing in its fleet. The New Build department is involved from the preliminary design onwards. The Fleet managers are responsible for the maintenance and the equipment of the existing fleet. Each project is different and the optimal configuration is developed time and time again. And if it doesn’t exist, we create it ourselves!
As an assistant technical superintendent vessel maintenance:
- You will see to it that the dredging vessel and dredging equipment are always technically operational.
- You coordinate the various maintenance and repair works as efficiently as possible. In consultation with the head office and site office, you will determine if the works should be executed by our own technical staff on board, or by local subcontractors.
- If necessary, you will arrange and follow up the dry docking of vessels.
- It is also part of your job to take care of the logistics of spare parts (optimum stock management of spare parts on board and on shore, transport from and to Belgium, local purchase ...).
- Furthermore, you will see to it that the safety, quality and environmental requirements are complied with and that the certificates are renewed in time.
- You can also be involved in new building projects of dredging vessels.
- You have a master's degree in Mechanical engineering at a recognized university (NUS or NTU).
- You have a Permanent Residence for Singapore.
- You are a motivated person with strong technical capabilities and the ability and desire to learn more about dredging.
- You are very flexible, can establish priorities and have good communication skills.
- You are interested in working with a team of experts on projects all over the world.
- Your spoken and written knowledge of English is good.
- Only Singaporean residents are eligible for this job.
- You are willing to work worldwide on a 2months/1month routine.