IBM Internship: Software Developer Intern
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for software developer interns to join us.
You are curious about technology and have some foundation on software development. You are excited to learn about the latest software development trends such as microservice architecture, cloud technologies, agile methodologies, and DevOps practices. You want to develop your skills for becoming an outstanding software developer. Building software excites you, and you like to challenge yourself with building well performing, maintainable and scalable solutions to complex problems.
At IBM Singapore Lab, we have an amazing opportunity for you to explore this journey. Join the teams in the lab that are developing solutions to address various challenges in the hot space of cyber-security. There is no better place to start your journey!
Software Developer Interns at IBM can work in a variety of areas. As such, you might be involved in any of these activities:
- Web and Cloud-based Application/Services Development – Design and develop services and applications that are reusable, scalable, and meet critical architecture goals. Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use. Develop applications that are offered as a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solution via the cloud.
- Automation Development and Testing – Enable continuous deployment and availability by designing, developing and creating automated frameworks, processes and test cases based on functional and non-functional requirements. Build and manage testing environments, assisting in debugging application issues.
- Front End Development – Create high-quality web and mobile apps containing rich content and user interface components by working closely with user experience designers to take wireframes and mock-ups from conception to implementation.
- Exploratory Work and Prototyping – Research and develop technical prototypes for proof-of-concept of proposals involving new product features or new technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be part of a team that works in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications for our world-wide customers.
- You will experience the use of various tools and processes our teams adopt for various aspects of agile and continuous software design, development, test, delivery and deployment.
- You will participate in the development of applications on top of development platforms like Java and Node.JS, modern UI frameworks like Angular and React, as well as relational and non-SQL databases.
Who You Are:
- You enjoy analysing a given problem, coming up with creative solutions, and building a system to solve the problem.
- You are a self-motivated and fast learner, and hyper-curious about how things work.
- You work well in a team, and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You are keen to pursue a career as a software engineer.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Basic knowledge on software engineering practices
- Basic knowledge on operating systems and databases
- Required Education: Bachelor (Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Similar courses)
You want to develop your skills for becoming an outstanding software developer. Building software excites you, and you like to challenge yourself with building well performing, maintainable and scalable solutions to complex problems.