IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software rarely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to craft industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by building together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBM’ers get to discover their potential, so they’re supported to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We’re building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBM’er.
About the internship:
The Data Scientist provides in-depth data and business analytic skills towards large amounts of data from multiple heterogeneous data sources. He/she must be able to understand business requirements and use cases and apply their knowledge around analytics and statistics to solve complex business and data problems. Furthermore, he/she should lead the client in determining the relevant and compelling questions to ask that will help support their business decisions. In this way, he/she helps clients understand the insights that can be extracted from their data by applying Predictive Analytics.
This role requires hands-on experience with Python and visualization tools as well as predictive analytics methodologies. Successful applicants will need to demonstrate a strong track record applying Analytics to sales, marketing, operations or asset management domains.
- Masters or Ph.D student in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning or related fields
- Ability to relate to and solve business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms
- Strong desire to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit IBM's customers
- Strong background in machine learning with domain knowledge and experience in the following areas: data-driven statistical modeling, graphical models, feature extraction and analysis, supervised learning, in particular discriminative methods
- Theory and practice of Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of results
- An understanding of machine learning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Programming skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean large data sets in a Unix/Linux environment
- Skills with Python and Linux operating system
Internship Period: Minimum 3 months (preferably 6 months).