IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software rarely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to craft industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by building together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they’re supported to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We’re building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
We are currently looking for a Blockchain Engineer, someone who is passionate about and has some experience developing Blockchain as a Service platform.
You will be developing solutions on top of kubernetes platform and the Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Project. You will work closely with product development, solution architects, designers and client engagement experts to transform business processes and markets using Blockchain. You will be Building the user interface of a platform that makes it easy to deploy enterprise blockchain solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor degree / Diploma or higher in related fields that include Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mathematics
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Good personality traits and able to work efficiently in a team
- Being comfortable using Linux commands and the basics of Bash scripting
- Experience of using the IBM Cloud (Bluemix) platform desirable, but not required
- Understanding of API design (REST, RPC)
- Must be comfortable using Git
- Experience of using Docker/Kubernetes for application deployment is desirable
- Experience of configuring Continuous Integration pipelines is useful.
- Self-taught experience of using IBM Blockchain Platform, Hyperledger Fabric and/or Composer a plus
- Exposure to cloud and DevOps
Internship Period: Minimum 12 weeks