This team owns the complete journey of a passenger right from selecting pickup, until the point he/she is dropped off safely.
This team owns the complete journey of a passenger right from selecting pickup, until the point he/she is dropped off safely. We currently support bikes and cars as the transportation medium in 4 countries — Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand. Transport accounts for most number of transactions amongst all Gojek services.
Despite this scale we are still very early in our journey. You will join our small 3 member Android team and help us in taking Ride Hailing to the next level. Here are a few facts about our app and codebase:
Our codebase is 100% Kotlin. We were one of the early adopters of Kotlin. Checkout this page where we are featured alongside some great companies using Kotlin.
We follow a Single Activity architecture for Transport, we’ve written about it here.
- Build and deploy features iteratively in production
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering and design teams across GOJEK
- Collaborate with internal teams to build and iterate on features
- Build delightful user-facing experiences with smooth performance
- Mentor and provide feedback to colleagues, participate in organization building
- Participate in research trips to better understand aspirations and pain points of our customers
- Deep understanding of the Android framework
- Experience developing in Java or Kotlin
- Attention to detail, particularly around software engineering fundamentals, testing methodologies, and quality
- A strong customer focus
- Fluent in English, both written and oral