Senior / Instrument Engineer
To manage a team of technicians/junior staff in a specific engineering discipline (automation, instrumentation, electrical, mechanical or building services) to ensure timely implementation of projects and plant availability at all times.
• Carry out implementation activities for plant modifications, capital projects and other identified plant improvement projects in line with defined specifications, budget and qualification of facilities in accordance with site to approved procedures.
• Provides specialist advice to other departments and subordinates for trouble shooting / continuous improvements to processes / systems.
• Maintain the site equipment and facility to high GMP standard meeting the regulatory expectations such that the site is always inspection ready.
• Implementation and execute of the Product Contamination Cause and Elimination (PCCE) program.
• Provide input to the project team of capital projects as well as develop and implement the maintenance plan for newly installed equipment.
• Provide site inputs to the development of Global Engineering Standards (GES) and Primary Supply Standard Engineering Practices (PMSEP).
• Monitor and enforce compliance measures (including safety) within their specific discipline to ensure inspection readiness of plant, as well as participate as an audit team member in the conduct of audits.
• Supervise, develop, and motivate junior staff to help realize their maximum potential so as to contribute towards achieving the objectives of the department.
• Contribute to the development of the annual operating budget of the section to ensure achievement operational targets of section.
• Implementation of the GSK Production System (GPS) for Engineering Services.
• Responsible for planning and implementing plant maintenance, managing of engineering resources during plant turnaround and prompt resolution of breakdowns, including engaging external assistance.
• To support the development of facility master plan to ensure compliance to engineering standards, management of obsolescence and asset replacement.
• Good honours degree in the relevant engineering discipline
• Basic awareness of industrial standards
• Good understanding of local codes and requirements
• Basic commercial knowledge
• Basic project management skills
• Effective communication skills
• Effective Operational Excellence skills
Carry out implementation activities for plant modifications, capital projects and other identified plant improvement projects in line with defined specifications, budget and qualification of facilities in accordance with site to approved procedures.