Assurance, Intern, Forensic Technology & Discovery Services (Data Analytics), Singapore (Summer 2020)
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Forensic & Integrity Services.
About the Opportunity
Our leading edge Forensic & Integrity Services are looking for candidates in the technology division, Forensic Technology & Discovery Services (FTDS) team. We provide leading technology and expertise in data driven support of complex litigation cases and business issues, allowing our clients and their counsel to make informed, strategic decisions. The scope of our work is wide ranging including dispute resolution, financial crime investigations, anti-money laundering, transaction monitoring, and investigating bribery / corruption cases.
EY is on the cutting-edge of current trends in fraud and forensic investigations and we serve as a quality-focused liaison between our clients and the law. We have a strong presence in Asia Pacific, including Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines including being part of a global network of over 1,000 forensic services professionals within the EY global organization.
Your key responsibilities
You will help clients detect and prevent against fraud by leveraging knowledge from their data for measurement of fraud risks and losses, prevention, continuous monitoring, detection and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and abuse, financial crime, regulatory breaches and other forms of non-compliant or improper and wasteful activities.
In your role as a Data Analytics intern you’ll be:
- Consulting for Global Fortune 500 companies on engagements and carrying out both reactive and proactive forensic analysis
- Applying advanced modeling techniques in the development of fraud risk models, leveraging statistical computing languages
- Working with a diverse team of professionals using cutting edge forensic technology in our digital forensics computing lab and hybrid forensic data center
- Helping our clients derive insightful knowledge from their data to identify, reduce, and manage their fraud risk
Skills and attributes for success
Your experience in business intelligence combined with data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, development of statistical models and ability to craft best of class solutions to allow our clients and their trusted counsel to make informed data driven decisions.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Management, Business Intelligence or statistics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering with a strong computer programming component
- Knowledge of BI tools like Tableau, Power BI or Qlikview is preferred
- Proficiency in statistical computing languages like R and Python
- Possesses strong analytical and organizational skills, confidence to work with senior staff
- Good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- High level of attention to detail
- Some travelling is required
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Full detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. In Singapore, we have a history of 129 years, with over 150 partners and close to 3,100 people offering services to a wide-ranging clientele consisting of multinational companies, private companies and public sector organizations. The Singapore firm is part of an integrated Asia-Pacific area, which comprises more than 40,000 people in 22 countries, contributing to our total global headcount of nearly 250,000 people working across 152 countries.
Our people culture
Putting people at the heart of our strategy, EY is committed to nurturing our talents and developing them into future leaders. We empower them with the right mix of learning, coaching and experiences. We support our people to work collaboratively, productively and flexibly through our flexible work arrangement programs as well as our innovative and technology-enabled office. Our open and inclusive environment allows our people to bring their enthusiasm and ideas to the forefront as high performing teams to deliver our promises to all of our stakeholders, thereby building a better working world for our people, clients and communities.
We provide leading technology and expertise in data driven support of complex litigation cases and business issues, allowing our clients and their counsel to make informed, strategic decisions.