Assurance, Intern - Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services)
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The intern may:
- Get involved in discussions on valuation tasks, to understand the objective of the work, key tasks to be performed, and the expected deliverables.
- Comprehend the mechanics behind the financial instruments, the valuation approach, and various key parameters influencing the valuation outcome.
- Leverage on the EY’s financial instruments pricing system, such as Thomson Reuters, CapitalIQ, and Numerix, to assist with completion of tasks on-hand.
- Initiate self-learning and constantly seek feedback and guidance from senior team members on the practical considerations in performing the valuation.
- Execute the assigned tasks on hand and regularly update your supervisor or senior members on the progress.
- Communicate issues and/or findings encountered along the project and sharing ideas or solutions to other team members.
- Document the approach and methodology adopted in the assessment, the explanation behind the assumptions adopted, the assessment results, and the findings on the assessment.
What we look for:
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to quantitative finance, financial engineering, finance, statistics, mathematical finance, engineering or equivalent.
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion in financial instruments valuation surrounding venture capitalist and private equity industries and programming skill and demonstrated aptitude in quantitative analysis. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one the financial engineering package, namely Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Numerix, Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Knowledge of derivatives products, financial instruments and valuation modelling and credit risk modelling with interest in data analysis/visualization platform (e.g. Matlab, Spotfire, Alteryx, R, SQL).
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability in time management and adaptability to change under pressure to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and relationship building.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect:
- Candidates may expect a phone screening.
- Shortlisted candidates may expect a written assessment as part of the interview.
- Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services (Financial Services) within Assurance and you’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You’ll be part of a team that provides insight and services that leverage analytics, automation, and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.