Advisory, Intern – Cybersecurity (Financial Services), Singapore (Summer 2020)
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
As a cybersecurity intern, you will lead the implementation of security solutions for our clients and support the clients in their desire to protect their business. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex information security needs and contributing toward their business resilience. You will be working with our Advanced Security Centers to access the most sophisticated tools available to fight against cyber-crime.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
This is a role where no two days are the same – so you’ll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. You’ll work alongside clients and colleagues, balancing your time between developing security strategies, advising stakeholders, providing workshops and supporting business development. If you’re flexible and ready to adapt to a constantly changing environment, there’s no better place to develop your skills.
Skills and attributes for success
- A passion in one or more of the following domains: Information Security domains: Cyber Program Management, Cyber Threat Management, Identity & Access Management, Data Protection, Privacy, Security Operations and Cyber Analytics. This passion should be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self- study, etc
- Understand security concepts and how they apply to business and technology solutions
- Understand and articulate threats and risk to business and technology teams
- Understand project management concepts and how they can be applied to security related projects
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Pursuing an university degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Creative, independent with good problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical, interpersonal and writing skills
- Able to commit for 3 to 6 months
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in the SDLC (agile/waterfall)
- Experience in some form of coding/scripting languages (e.g. python, java etc)
- Exposure to cybersecurity tools and products
- An understanding of the financial services industry
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As a cybersecurity intern, you will lead the implementation of security solutions for our clients and support the clients in their desire to protect their business. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex information security needs and contributing toward their business resilience.