Our Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services practice comprises two areas: Life/Health Insurance and Property/Casualty products and services. Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modeling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
As part of our Actuarial team, you’ll focus on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
You can expect to:
- Be at the forefront of issues that are shaping the insurance industry in Asia
- Gain a wide exposure to a diverse range of actuarial projects
- Work in a multicultural environment
- Work with colleagues from a wide range of business disciplines
- Market research and industry benchmarking
- Valuation, pricing and product development
- Regulatory changes, including Risk-Based Capital, Solvency II and IFRS
- Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence projects
- Actuarial audits and financial modelling
- Financial risk, product distribution and capital issues
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong presentation skill
- Leadership and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Pursuing a degree in Actuarial Science or related fields
- Strong academic records, good written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good progress through the actuarial examinations with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK), the Society of Actuaries (US) or the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and teaming skills
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
- NRIC or student pass (for foreign students)
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
Important: Candidates must be able to commit to 10-week internship from 13 May to 19 July 2019. We will not consider any request for shortening of internship duration.
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We also offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career