Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You’ll be part...
Your key responsibilities
We’re looking for a Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) Assistant to join our team.
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you’ll assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You’ll be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
Within EY’s Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) practice, the Financial Instruments Valuation team is a provider of independent valuation of financial instruments and experts assessment in Hedge Accounting. We provide assistance to other service line within EY to seamlessly and efficiently deliver our services that cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities faced with respect to financial instruments valuations.
The Financial Instrument Valuation team provides support on valuation and quantitative analysis for internal and external clients, and related risk management area. Team member is expected to establish interaction with internal and external clients. There will be exposure to various asset classes (e.g. FX, Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Interest Rate, Credit, etc) and to various industry sectors (e.g. banking, private equity, hedge funds, transportations, commodity, utilities, oil & gas, REITS, internet-based firms, etc). The team is also responsible to complete various ad-hoc projects with external clients.
Skills and attributes for success
As an Assistant in the Financial Instrument Valuation team, you will:
- Assist the seniors in multiple client engagement teams in daily independent valuation under accounting framework
- Assist in valuing standalone and embedded derivatives using existing pricing model
- Assist in developing models to value a variety of financial instruments using option pricing theory, fixed income and structured finance models, Monte Carlo simulation, statistical analysis, and other techniques
- Challenge yourself to continually learn and teach, mentoring others while developing your own career
- Take ownership of your projects, while working collaboratively with other team members
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients
The successful candidate must be able to display several achievements below.
Within 6 months of joining, the candidate should:
- Perform valuation of various plain vanilla derivatives
- Understand the basic programming language, typically VBA and MATLAB, and utilizing it for programming Binomial Tree Model, Monte Carlo Simulation and other interest rate models
Within 1 year of joining, the candidate should:
- Gain the ability to explain the valuation differences between clients and his/her own valuation by breaking the derivatives into its components
- Perform quantitative analysis for credit analysis, hedge effectiveness assessment and private equity assessment
- Work independently without close supervision
- Able to work together with 2 or 3 interns and at the same time provide guidance
- Confidently managing client and familiar of typical problems encountered by client with regards to financial instruments
- Explains to general audience and non-technical clients on how several financial instruments work and what the risks and rationales of entering into various types of financial instruments
- Adapt in intense environment and tight deadlines in providing deliverables to stake holders
- Manage time and prioritize various works allocated
To qualify for the role you must have
- Final year students pursuing a degree in quantitative finance, financial engineering, physics or engineering with programming skills
- Strong programming skill with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative analysis
- The ability to work within a given budget and schedule, providing top-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Ideally, you also have
- PC proficiency including preferably at least one Financial Engineering or statistical software package (e.g. Matlab or Spotfire), Bloomberg, Reuters, SuperDerivatives, MS Excel/VBA
- Excellent analytical, communication, project-management, interpersonal and teaming skills
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Full detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
- NRIC or student pass (for foreign students)
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
*This position is only applicable to local universities students who are in their final year of study. We regret that applicants who do not belong to this category will not be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.