EY’s FSO Advisory has an exciting opportunity for highly motivated graduates to join our team in July 2019. Associate professionals joining our team will enjoy opportunities to serve diverse clients across multiple practices, while being provided learning, experiences and coaching to develop core consulting competencies.
Associates joining our team will experience working on projects across both our Performance Improvement and Risk Management practices.
When working on Performance Improvement projects, you will provide our clients an independent view of their organization’s business risks and areas of improvement. You will help develop pragmatic plans to enhance a firm’s organizational structure, products, processes and systems; address issues; and assist with implementing measurable and sustainable performance enhancements.
When working on Financial Risk Management projects, you will advise financial institutions, insurance and asset management firms on identifying, measuring and managing financial risk from regulatory and industry perspectives. You will help experienced subject matter experts and thought leaders in building financial risk frameworks and models and deliver targeted solutions to address our client needs.
Our key service areas are:
- Operational Excellence,
- IT Advisory (includes Robotics, AI),
- Customer and Digital,
- Data and Analytics,
- Finance transformation,
- Risk governance and strategy,
- Risk management process and models,
- Regulatory compliance and reporting, and
- Internal audit and controls
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you. In this role, you will have the opportunity to team with a variety of clients to deliver professional services and to actively participate in a rapidly growing practice. You will work on client assignments that will help you deepen and broaden your skills, while gaining valuable and rewarding experiences during your first few years.
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business processes and requirements, performing root cause analysis, developing business cases and interviewing various stakeholders to gather required information
- Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business
- Demonstrating the ability to digest, incorporate and leverage new knowledge. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in advisory services, capabilities and industry knowledge
- Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision
Skills and attributes for success
- Project management skills
- Leadership, teamwork and client servicing skills
- Demonstrating integrity within a professional environment
- Highly motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Final year student pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Technology Risk, Computer Engineering, IT Security, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Accounting, Finance, Business Economics, MIS (emphasis on Business)
- Strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
- NRIC or student pass (for foreign students)
Selected applicant will be invited to attend our interview process. Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
At EY, you will be continuously learning and getting access to the right expertise and best thought leaders.