From sourcing high-quality materials and finished components with demanding specifications to managing contracts and suppliers, our procurement team impact the design of our machines and the...
At Dyson, our internships are about getting hands-on from day one. Not getting bored. In fact, our interns often get to share their ideas with our senior leaders and management. Whichever area you join we’ll support your development, helping you understand the business and grow into the role. And the rest is up to you. Most importantly, if you make the most of the opportunity, we’ll look to make a Graduate offer of employment for when you complete your degree.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
From sourcing high-quality materials and finished components with demanding specifications to managing contracts and suppliers, our procurement team impact the design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business.
You may be selected for one of the projects you are most suitable for.
- Send CCF templates to Dyson’s approved vendors for request of parts cost breakdown.
- Consolidate and compile the return data/info back from suppliers.
- Create Excel spread sheets to study and compare the cost breakdown,
- Analyse the cost breakdown & flag up the areas of interest to ask suppliers why cost is high (especially for certain parts with duo or more supply base).
- Ability to understand the cost drivers and the analysis the factors that affect cost.
- Trigger and send out RFQs (if require) for cost benchmarking with other approved vendors.
- Assess the necessary labour, the expected material cost, and expected labor rates and profit margins to determine should cost.
- This role is to support the role out of the slipsheets for the first identified category.
- Work closely with destination warehouse managers and teams as well graphics and packaging on the slipsheet dimensions, standardisation as well Contract manufacturers on the implementation requirements.
- Key deliverable would be a Standard Operating Procedure as well the actualisation of slipsheets across all key identified locations.
- This role is to support the use of alternative freight modes to better optimise costs and differentiate time critical vs non time critical freight.
- Standardise and Implement the LCL booking model and allocations by working with the cross functional teams in SGP and Malaysia.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team on the reporting of historical rates for all modes of transport.
- Implement a tracker for the bookings (as part of the booking model), allowing for KPI reporting on spend, purpose and cost centre.
The internship programme is competitive so you’ll need to be academically strong and have the right to work in the country of your application. You’ll be studying a relevant degree to this role.