Work with design team to define electronics FCT & EOL tester requirement & specification:
- Own tester architecture and test strategies that address efficient defect detection, manufacturing process flow, and cost.
- Ensure test requirements that are, clear, achievable, and appropriate for production testing
- Ensure define robust and supportable equipment solutions that meet requirements
- Ensure develop and execute verification plans and acceptance test procedures
- Ensure robustness of the tester in manufacturing environment
- Drive Design for Test (DfT)
- Attend DfT design reviews for new products; communicating any impact on PCBA design and cost
- Develop POP (Proof of Principle) tester to assist in house electronics solution verification and product validation test
- Standardize electronics solution’s test requirements for key product lines
- Drive knowledge sharing of past root cause corrective actions across the team
- BEng degree in Electronic Engineering, or other relevant discipline, with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in a relevant industry
Skills & experience.
- Clearly demonstrable related working experience within research & development or test department especially developing test solutions for electronic products
- Proven track record in a manufacturing test engineering position in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred.
- Advanced technical skills including circuit analysis, system engineering, test software coding, & technical writing
- Advanced knowledge of electronic test instrumentation including DMM’s, signal generators and analyzers, oscilloscopes, digitizers/data acquisition, spectrum analyzers, switching, frequency counters, and power meters
- Advanced understanding of analog and digital measurement techniques and design margin principals
- Advanced test software development skills with LabVIEW, TestStand, LabWindows/CVI, C, C++, VB, or other language
- Advanced knowledge of serial communication protocols and hardware including CAN, SPI, I2C, HDMI, Ethernet, and USB
- Experience developing test solutions for wireless technologies such as 802.11, ZigBee, GSM, Bluetooth, GPS, and cell technologies
- Experience in designing the test fixture – full scale production functional tester, simple lab use jig/fixture, ICT tester, complete product level /EOL tester.
- Intermediate to advanced schematic capture skills
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of PCBA manufacturing processes
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of statistical data analysis (MSA, SPC, GR&R)
- Advanced hands-on problem solving, troubleshooting, and system integration skills, including the application of root cause analysis and statistical methods
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues, initiate action plans, and make effective decisions to obtain