Software Engineer (Guided Systems)
What does a Software Engineer in Guided Systems do?
In this role, you will:
- Be part of the team to develop the software specifications and design, based on the user needs and mission, and in consultation with engineers developing other aspects of the system, for example, the hardware and flight engineers
- Write code to implement assigned software requirements and unit testing
- Build testers for hardware verification and software lab testing
- Collaborate with the team to carry out integration testing with the hardware platform initially in the lab and eventually in flight tests, conducted locally or overseas
Who we are looking for
You would have/be:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in C/C++ or Python programming and Object-Oriented Analysis & Design will be advantageous
- Passion to write code and participate in field trials to see the code in action. Short term travel overseas for trials may be required.
- Interest in any of the following areas: IoT, real-time embedded systems, graphical user interfaces, video encoding, network communications, control, or full web stack development.
- Open minded and comfortable in interacting with engineers from other disciplines
Be part of the team to develop the software specifications and design, based on the user needs and mission, and in consultation with engineers developing other aspects of the system