Solar Energy Consultant
Typical duties may include:
- Analysis and development of meteorological files and assumptions for inclusion in modeling tools;
- Forecasting long-term resource using measure-correlate-predict methods and other regression models;
- Creation of software input files based on documented or review of experimental data;
- Development of annual and long-term solar energy assessments, using various modeling tools;
- Development of uncertainty analyses using statistical and pragmatic approaches to determine probabilistic energy production forecasts;
- Analysis of energy production data from solar projects, including comparison of operating vs. modeled data, downtime analyses, and various other comparative analyses using quantitative data analysis techniques;
- Review of test procedures and methods to collect data to evaluate the performance of projects;
- Review and provide comments on resource assessments and energy estimates provided by other consultants.
- Technical report writing;
- Interfacing with customers to discuss results and risk mitigation;
- Assist in the preparation of proposals including scope of services, schedule and budgeting;
- Assist in the preparation of technical papers or presentations;
- Project management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in solar/renewable energy, engineering, statistics, atmospheric science, mathematics, physics or other relevant discipline.
- Strong technical and organizational skills;
- Statistical analysis and database skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers;
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people – customers and co-workers;
- Flexibility and adaptability – issues and tasks may change quickly;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Analysis and development of meteorological files and assumptions for inclusion in modeling tools