Real Estate Analyst
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Conduct market research, analysis, and benchmarking of new/existing leases vs external market
- Monitor market trends to support formulation of short to long term strategies
- Involved in lease acquisitions and disposals process
- Support review of lease documentation
- Lease documentation administration using outsourced database
- Liaison with landlords on leasing related matters
- Financial controlling, budgeting and spend analysis for real estate
- Support preparation of approval templates, financial analysis, and business cases
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and/or internal processes and requirements
- Support portfolio optimisation and transformation initiatives where applicable
- Active support and collaboration with local and regional stakeholders
Degree in Real Estate/Business Administration
1-2 quality years of experience in corporate real estate essential
Fresh graduate may be considered and encouraged to apply
Well-versed/familiar with property laws and lease contract clauses
Strong interest in regional real estate and macro-economic developments
Interest in sustainability a plus
Characteristics of Successful Candidate:
- Able to handle difficult customers and uncertain situations
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Highly energetic and optimistic
- Strong in analytical skills
- Self-motivated and independent
- Comfortable working with numbers to gain insights
- Good decision making
- Sociable and pleasant
- Responsible and proactive
- Able to travel when needed