2020 Internship - Experience Innovation Group
About Dell’s Experience Innovation Group
Dell’s Experience Innovation Group not only imagines new products, solutions and technologies – we experiment on them, build them and bring them to life.
We're a diverse range of people who have worked in industrial design, film, UX, consulting, data science and more, all working together to create amazing solutions that have real impact at scale for customers. We’re a multi-functional, agile team with all the skills and capabilities to interact with customers, research and gather insights, explore future technologies, and develop them into products.
Our new Singapore innovation centre is a key part of Dell’s vision – come join us and you’ll get to use your skills to explore, research and build ground-breaking products and experiences where your ideas will make a real impact on our customers. We are a global team with a global remit who work across the full range of Dell products and brands like Alienware, XPS and Precision – exploring topics from the future of collaboration to the future of gaming & esports.
If you want a taste of the kind of thing we get to think about, then here are some of the concept ideas Dell presented at CES this year: https://www.zdnet.com/article/ces-2020-dells-future-folding-dual-screen-...
Find out more about the work EIG does here:
What we’re looking for:
If you’d like to join a group that’s focused on exploring augmented reality, human-centred design and the future of computing then we are open for 2020 internships and have a variety of roles to fill, including hardware technologists, software developers, business strategists, and experience designers.
Ideas come from anywhere, diversity is key, but we are looking for people who are:
- Comfortable with ambiguity and questions without easy answers;
- A self-starter with a hunger to try new things;
- A curious mind who likes to experiment and build
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor / Master's program
We’re interested in interns who can focus on 1 or more of these 3 areas:
- Project management
And are open to both undergrad and graduate internship opportunities in 2020; the role is paid and based in Singapore full-time.
What you’ll get out of the internship:
- Mentorship from senior staff and designers
- The chance to work closely with the team on real projects and products that define the future for Dell
- A flexible work environment; our dedicated lab space is great, but sometimes we’re the most productive at home without distraction
- The opportunity to work with and on the latest technology: industrial-grade 3D printer; depth cameras; AR/VR devices; Unity 3D; AI & ML; virtualization; and more
- Experience across a range of disciplines: human-centred design approaches, agile ways of working, UI/UX exploration, PoC development
- The opportunity to shape and drive your own explorations
- Possible employment – we’re looking to grow our team!
How to apply:
To apply what you’ll need to include is:
- Tell us why you want to explore the future of computing with us in 200 words or less Pitch us an idea in up to 4 slides for one of the following themes:
- The future of gaming
- The future of collaboration
- New form factors for personal computing
- Send us your CV and if relevant a link to your website or portfolio
About Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies unites seven technology leaders – Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream and VMware – in one company with the power to drive digital transformation and generate real results every day for the customers and people who partner with us.
Singapore is the centre of Dell’s global display & peripherals business, the number 1 seller of displays in the world.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
About Dell’s Experience Innovation Group