Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Industrial Attachments to join the Markets and Securities Services team in Singapore. Citi Markets and Securities Services provides...
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom; and Citi wants to help you get there. You are able to work independently with Citi’s Markets & Securities Services Team from planning to actual execution of client events.
Whether it's honing your skills or building your network; we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team; and establish a long-term career here.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Industrial Attachments to join the Markets and Securities Services team in Singapore. Citi Markets and Securities Services provides world-class products and financing solutions for corporations, governments, as well as institutional and retail investors through our dominant underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities. Our broad product knowledge and on-the-ground local markets expertise - coupled with complementary strengths in technology and distribution - allows us to offer clients a wide range of comprehensive financial solutions. We address their needs with products in all discipline currencies; sectors; and geographies; and the breadth and depth of our resources allow us to consistently provide them with innovative solutions. Citi provides superior structuring capabilities and problem solving; enhanced by our distribution reach and quality.
Your time here will look something like this...
- The Industrial Attachment (IA) Program is a 6-month Program, strategically designed to help IA interns assimilate into the Citi Markets and Securities Services organization, strengthening their markets knowledge & technical skills, and enriching their overall learning experience.
During your time in the IA Program:
- You will be able to collaborate with, and learn from some of the industry’s most qualified professionals with years of real-world experience.
- You will gain a first-hand experience in performing detailed and comprehensive analysis of data.
- Your time will be spent working on a long-term core project as well as assisting in daily activities supporting the desk (e.g. working on client presentations, market research etc.)
- You will gain opportunities to network with experienced sales and trading staff in the bank, grow your connections and gain a broader perspective of what Citi is about.
Your time here will be exciting, to say the least. At the beginning, we will provide exposure to real life products, systems and strategies. Once you make yourself familiar with this, we will move to the next step where you will start meaningfully contribute in the assigned projects and there by getting to know a lot about how it works in real world.
In summary, it will be full of challenge, excitement and lots of learning.
The 2019 Markets and Securities Services Industrial Attachment (IA) Program is offering placements for the following key businesses:
A1: FXLM - Trading
A2: FXLM - Corporate Sales
A3: FXLM - Investor Sales
A7: General Sales
A8: Credit Sales
A9: Retail Cross Asset Solutions
(Project Scope for each business varies, HR will share and discuss the detailed job description with the shortlisted candidates)
*Do indicate your preferred business in your CV*
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. During your time with us, you will be developing skillsets such as:
- Teamwork - A global team with multiple support functions requires the candidate to have strong networking and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work effectively as part of a team
- Resilience - Not taking ‘no’ for an answer, being adaptive to change and solutions focused
- Analytical thinking - Driving decision making and future actions through data analysis
- Communication - Opportunity to develop skills presenting to, and regularly communicating with clients, regional and global senior management.
Lastly, our IA Program will provide you with relevant training and development opportunities, aiding you in building a pipeline for our Summer Analyst Program.
We want to hear from you if...
- You are in your pre-penultimate year in undergraduate’s studies with strong academic record
- You can commit 6 months full-time in this internship
- You are taking this internship to satisfy a degree requirement (Credit bearing module/Part of curriculum)
- Your school will provide you an endorsement letter for the internship
- You have exceptional analytical and quantitative skills
- You have demonstrated strong leadership; teamwork; and communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of the global economic landscape
Who we think will be a great fit...
Work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital.
We are looking for students who possess or have a desire to grow the following skills:
- Data analysis
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Prioritization skills
- Business acumen
- Communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm, competency, and innovation
- Results-oriented and a good team player
- High level of personal integrity; commitment to excellence; and a strong desire to learn
- Detail-oriented individual who demonstrates high level of accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)