The incumbent is a critical member of the Singapore Case Analysis team, and responsible to supporting investigations work throughout the Non-US regions.
- The incumbent analyses potentially suspicious events/transactions detected by the Bank’s money-laundering detection tools, along with human intelligence and produces intelligence reports that enable Investigations teams and in-country Money-Laundering Reporting Officers to make timely and informed decisions as to whether reporting to the authorities is required under local regulations, or if further investigation or work is required.
- The incumbent is expected to be able to undertake in-depth reviews of customers’ transactions and activity across multiple jurisdictions and legal entities. The incumbent must be able to use a range of information sources in their investigation and analysis, such as research via bank systems and publicly available information.
- The incumbent is expected to draw on facts, activity and information to prepare comprehensive reports capturing details such as Know Your Client information, transaction details and patterns, adverse news and prior intelligence information, within a stipulated timeline.
- Experience of working within global financial crimes Compliance / Operational Risk / Legal function.
- Anti-money laundering / financial crimes investigation experience in a financial institution or government position.
- Good knowledge of AML typologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is preferred
- Experience planning, executing and leading projects and quality assurance reviews would be advantageous.
- Process management skills, including strong knowledge and experience of Excel and Power Point.
- Communicates and Escalates Compliance and Operational Risk..
- Provides expertise and insight regarding applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance to manage financial crimes risk.
- Analytical and organized, with decision making skills.
- Self-motivated: a team player and results orientated
- Ability to work in partnership with Front Line Units, other stakeholders and other partners in Legal and Compliance and Operational Risk.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate may have professional certifications or qualifications, such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS)