Kernel QA Engineer
- Be effective in the role of the Automation / Devops tools developer for Windows, Linux and MacOS.
- Significantly participate in the architectural design of both platform-specific and cross-platform tools developing by the Kernel QA, along with their integration with common Acronis infrastructure.
- Maintain existing automation infrastructure of Kernel Team, fix bugs in timely manner. Communicate to other teams to investigate and fix bugs of complex nature, requiring efforts of several involved teams.
- Be open in knowledge sharing with others team members across any of Acronis offices.
- Ensure that development progress, problems and risks are clearly communicated to the Kernel QA Team Lead.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent engineering education and experience is absolutely mandatory.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of Python. Knowledge of Pytest and Python packages development experience is appreciated.
- Practical skills in Bash, Windows batch scripting.
- Windows, Linux, MacOS server/workstation administration with command line interface experience.
- Good automation engineering skills, experience of work with Git, Pycharm, Jira and other related tools. It is important to have at least the inclination to master and be capable of performing Kernel-specific automation tasks, such as kernel driver verification tools and Windows HLK testing.
This Knowledge and Skills will be a Plus:
- Modern devOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, ELK stack).
- QA, testing experience.
- Code coverage process implementation and analysis.
- Powershell scripting, though it is used only in a few specific tasks
The Kernel QA Engineer reports to the Kernel QA Team Lead and is responsible for all QA, Devops and automation RnD tasks, the architectural design and development of relevant tools and infrastructure.