- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Careers Advice
- Singapore's 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Accenture: How To Get Hired
Daryl gives an insight on how graduates can prepare for Accenture's candidate selection process.
What are the skill sets you look for in fresh graduate applicants?
- Digitally/technology savvy
- Strong aptitude and interest in technology
- An ability to work in a team, and good interpersonal skills
- Adaptable: comfortable dealing with ambiguity & resilient when faced with change & uncertainty
- Flexible: willingness to work on different projects/different locations
- High Learning Agility: assimilates information & learns new techniques & methodologies quickly; enjoys learning
- Problem-Solver: breaks complex problems into parts and proposes possible solutions
- Effective Communicator: listens to & accurately captures others’ ideas, feedback & concerns; articulates ideas in a clear & engaging manner
- Relationship-Builder: displays high levels of emotional intelligence: uses own & others’ time intelligently; knows when to engage & when to listen; quickly builds & establishes trust with clients and teams
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset drawn to opportunities, innovation & new value creation
- Takes the Initiative: asks for and applies feedback to improve performance and quality of work; asks for help when needed
- Creative: enjoys exploring alternative possibilities and outcomes
- Outcome-focused: seeks to understand the broader team priorities/goal & aligns own work to them
- Held positions of responsibility in school (including extracurricular groups)
Does your company have a structured graduate programme? If so, what advice would you give to graduates wanting to make the most of these programmes?
Unlike most firms that offer a Management Associate Programme (MAP) or equivalent, Accenture offers the flexibility and autonomy to graduates to design their own careers in well-defined and structured career tracks. The graduate roles that are available in these career tracks allow for deep specialisation in the work that we do, while allowing for individuals to move between career tracks at various stages of their careers with us, depending on demonstrated passion, performance and business need.
We advise graduates to keep an open mind in considering the many different roles and career paths that they can have with us, to adopt a proactive approach to learning as much and as fast as they can on the job, in the myriad of formal and informal learning that we offer, and to build their reputation and networks to ensure that they seize the right opportunities that come along.
How do you identify culture fit during the recruitment process?
In giving the opportunity to candidates to meet with different hiring managers throughout the recruitment process, we look out for three aspects of culture fit:
- Can we work with this candidate in our project/team?
- Do we foresee this person able to rise to the top/senior leadership in our firm?
- Does this candidate display a high level of energy and enthusiasm when it comes to building his/her career with us?
Please describe your company's culture in three words.
High Performance Delivered.